AWFI’s advanced testing technologies can provide definitive, scientific answers to the causes of coating failure.
AWFI consultants offer two types of services:
- Verification testing to ensure that the finish meets chemical and physical standards
- Failure analysis to identify root causes of failure in the coating system
We use cutting-edge, sophisticated analytical procedures to analyze coating chemistry, core resin technology problems, substrate problems, and the finishing system itself. Our testing standards are based on those set forth by the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) and other industry standards.
Our labs use state-of-the art testing methods, which include:
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy (GC-MS)
- Pyrolysis GC-MS
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry
Requirements for Verification Testing
To inquire about verification testing, contact AWFI at 856-696-8467. An AWFI consultant will discuss the most appropriate testing approach for your project.
Requirements for Failure Analysis:
To conduct a failure analysis, AWFI consultants will need:
- A sample of the failed product
- The finishing schedule or the process used
- The product’s Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- A minimum of a pint of the wet sample of the materials used, if available
- A written history of failure of the product